Saturday, June 2, 2012

Could Sony Be Investing In Cloud Gaming?

In 2 days we'll find out.

Last night, I wanted to play Mass Effect 2. Never have. Ya, crucifix me for taking this long to do so.

So instead of playing, a 10 to 15 minute installation occurred followed by a half a gig download of some EA/Bioware additional content. Finally, a game update was also available for download.

I still haven't played Mass Effect 2.

Now if Sony invests in cloud gaming for us, all I had to do was fire up the game from their servers and Shazaam! I'm playing and not waiting.

Cloud gaming is the Netflix for gamers. On demand gaming. No installation. No updating. No waiting. It is an additional form of content distribution. If Sony goes with this, then they will be able to deliver content in all avenues.

Retail. Direct Download. Cloud Streaming Gaming.

Make it so Sony.

No comments:

Post a Comment