Saturday, March 31, 2012

Zipper Shut Down

Sad days are hitting the video game industry. Not only is Sega laying off employees around the globe for restructuring purposes, Sony is shutting down one of its longest running first party studios.

Zipper Interactive, responsible for Sony's tactical shooters is closing. Like most studios like Zipper, they have struggled to capture the imaginations of gamers in a world taken over by Call of Duty. Believe me, I love me some Call of Duty. I just completed Modern Warfare 3 and I can only describe it with one word, "EPIC". It blew my mind. That is the competition Zipper had. I loved Socom 4 and currently playing Unit 13 with it's daily challenges. I love these games and I hate to see the team disappear, with those franchises now in question.

Best wishes to all those who have departed from Sony.

No comments:

Post a Comment