Friday, April 27, 2012

Canadians Have To Wait For An Ice Cream Sandwich

"Great job sony, Ice cream sandwhich is awesome. I didnt expect this much new improvements/features. Feels like I got a new tablet. Thanks!" - Anonymous, Sony Blog, Comments

On Thursday, April 26th, The Sony Blog announced that Android 4.0 was available for the Sony Tablet S. This of course, meant that the U.S. was recieving the much anticipated updated OS. Not so here in Canada.

I know there are plenty of people out there who would love to flip Sony the bird. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as everyone. However, I believe this has to do with the Canadian cellular service guildlines, laws, BS, ect.

In fact, a number of mobile devices, such as Motorola and Samsung, have yet to receive the latest Android OS in "The Great White North". Sadly, they have waited longer than we who own the Sony Tablet S.

Why you may ask? Tablets appear to be categorized as "mobile" devices, placing them in the same bunch as cell phones. This places tablets, even those with just wi-fi, under a more strict guideline practice.

Crap. This sucks.

What can we Canucks do? Ride it out. I believe Sony, Samsung and Motorola infact, have to battle it out with the big bear on this one until their updates can roll out.

Yes, crap indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment