Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sony Tablet S Android ICS/Gaming Update

Ice Cream Sandwich for the Sony Tablet S, arrived in "The Great White North" 2 weeks after it's official U.S. launch. The new OS is simply amazing.

Everything about it is slicker, cleaner and a heck of a lot sweeter to use. I've added a few widgets to my main screen from a simple Wi-Fi on/off button to a Twitter feed window. Very nice stuff! Apps are now grouped in special folders, making the experience nice and clean.

I've taken a few panoramic shots with the camera and found it to work very slick. Heck, I've even synced a PlayStation Dual Shock controller to the tablet. Now that's a gamer's dream!

The added value of ICS is incredible. An OS that sneaks up behind Apple's iOS with amazing results. Now I'm curious about the upcoming Jelly Bean Android OS, supposeldy coming this fall.

As for gaming, I purchased EA's Mass Effect: Infiltrator and Gameloft's Gangstar Rio: City of Saints. I've only played a little bit here and there, but what I've experienced is delicious!

Looking into the future, Sega's Sonic The Hedgehog 4: Episode II and Rockstar Game's Max Payne are aimed for a June release. Thankfully, that's just around the corner. I can't wait to play them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment